Whitinsville Golf Club
The Whitinsville Golf Club, located in the village of Whitinsville, Massachusetts, first opened for play in 1925. Construction of the course was undertaken in 1923 at the order of E. Kent Swift, the Chief Executive of the local Whitin Machine Works, the largest manufacturer of textile machinery in the world at the time. At approximately the same time, another course was being constructed in nearby Southbridge, MA. The architect for that project was contacted and at first expressed little interest. When Mr. Swift offered him to design a nine-hole course for the price of an eighteen-hole design, he quickly changed his mind and work was underway. The architect was none other than the legendary Donald Ross.
The members of WGC are proud to carry the vision of Mr. Swift through to this day. Over the years WGC has developed a reputation as one of area’s premier clubs for people who are passionate about golf and appreciate the comradery and social benefits of the game.
WGC offers numerous opportunities to engage with other members and their families. Some of our organized activities include:
- A men’s and women’s golf league
- Member tournaments throughout the year
- Our PGA Junior League program, open to boys and girls age 13 and under
- Holiday and other social events
- Our annual 4th of July fireworks watch party bringing fun for the whole family.
Whitinsville Golf Club is currently offering a limited number of memberships. For more information on becoming a member, please visit our membership page here
WGC Highlights and Accolades
In addition to our award-winning golf course, WGC’s facilities include:
- Driving Range
- Pro Shop – Fully stocked Pro Shop with WGC apparel.
- Locker Rooms – Men’s and Women’s locker rooms
- The Carr Lounge – Serving lunch and dinner in a casual setting
- Outdoor Patio – Our outdoor patio offering panoramic vistas of the 1st and 9th holes
- Function Room – With in-house bar staff and catering
- Small Wonders – Golf Digest ranks the best 9-hole courses in America. (2010)
- Golf Digest – Top 50 Most Fun Private Golf courses (#45).
- To The Nines – Whitinsville Golf Club is featured prominently in this great read about 9 hole courses across the country.
- Boston Globe – 18 best holes in New England. Whitinsville Golf Club’s famous #9 is the finishing hole, go to the 7th hole in the slideshow.
- Golfweek – Best Classic Courses (#98)